How To Create A Shopify Store
How to create a Shopify store?
While it is a known fact that setting up a shopify store often is extremely time-consuming and involves multiple extensive processes, the reason why Shopify has gained immense popularity as an e-commerce platform is its easy usability.
Yes, creating an online store has never been easier with Shopify, and here is how you can set up your first store on the web.
Step 1: Create your Shopify account
Visit the Shopify homepage; depending on your geographical location, you will be redirected to your local edition of Shopify.com, where you will see the option to begin your free trial. Click on the icon, found on the top-right corner of your webpage. Next, you will be prompted to fill in some basic details following which; you will have the option of creating a store name. Remember that your store name on Shopify is your identity, so make sure to choose a name that syncs with your business. In case the name you have chosen is unavailable, you will be asked to change the Shopify store name.
Step 2: Provide more details about your Shopify Store
In addition to providing personal contact information, Shopify will also ask you to provide information about your business. Fill in the fields requesting information about your business revenue, state what your goal from your Shopify store is, and billing details. Once these have been filled, you will be redirected to your Shopify admin page.
Step 3: Customize your Shopify store
The administrator page on Shopify has all the details you will need to get your online marketplace started. Here, you will have the ability to add items to your marketplace, whether individually or en masse. You can also add services, files, and any items that might be available for digital download.
Step 4: Choose how you want your shopify store to look
The aesthetics of your store should reflect not only your product but your ethos, your style, and more. You would pay close attention to the interiors of any brick-and-mortar store you set up to maximize customer footfall, so why should your virtual store be any different? On Shopify, start by choosing a basic theme from one of the many on offer for virtual storefronts, and then customize those further to suit your brand design and look.
Step 5: Further customize your Shopify Store’s layout
There are over 100 themes available on the Shopify theme store, many of them for free. This is particularly useful for businesses that are just starting out, and may not necessarily have the budget for the more premium themes. There are modifiable themes available under both the free and paid sections, meaning that you can still have your e-store look the way you want it to.
Knowing basic HTML and CSS, although it would be helpful in personalizing your store, however, need not be a necessity. Shopify storefronts are all as customizable regardless of whether you are familiar with code or not.
Should you have a bit more money to spend, Shopify has a network of web-design agencies called “Shopify Experts”, who can help you with the finer points of customization.
Image sourceYou can also choose your Shopify theme based on the industry you are in; the layout on Shopify’s website helps you streamline your search as well. For example, if you are selling apparel, Shopify has a category of recommended themes (again, available in both free and paid versions) for you which may differ from theme options available for the travel industry.
Before you choose a theme, you will be able to see a preview of the same in action; this is especially helpful if you’re using a paid theme – who doesn’t want to avoid buyer’s remorse? You will also be able to see reviews by others who have used the same theme.
A big part of using a theme is how well it is optimized for mobile usage. According to recent statistics, it is estimated today that over 52% of website users today access sites via mobile, meaning that it is crucial for your site to be mobile-friendly. Since mobile optimization is also a crucial factor in terms of search engine optimization, this is something you as a seller want to pay close attention to.
You will be able to customize the look of your website, including footers, text overlays and more. You can upload logos for your company or brand here, pick fonts based on your aesthetic and brand design, change the color scheme of your site, and add information about the items for sale that you would like listed per page of your site, and add links to your social media profiles.
Step 6: Upload products to your shopify store
Now that you’ve decided exactly how your site should look, it is crucial to list all the products you have up for sale, or the services available.
To the left side of your admin panel, you will see a bar that says “Products”. Select that to either add new products to your listings or choose from already existing products in your inventory. Here, you can add the name of the product, a description of what you are selling, images, pricing, and more. Shopify allows you also to list any variants of a certain product you may have on offer. You can also add SEO terms, shipping information, and more; there is also an option to list inventory for your customers to know what items are still available.
Step 7: Group and categorize your products
For ease of access to your customers, make sure all your products have been appropriately categorized. For example, you may sell more than just apparel, in which case, you will want to list either the sex, age group or more, that you offer apparel for or other relevant information. Similarly, if you sell homewares, you will want to have a separate category for that as well. This option, too, is available via the same admin page, below your products dropdown.
Although you can, you need not add products to collections individually. You can also set up your products in a way that they have added to certain collections automatically if they fulfill specific criteria.
Step 8: Set up Shopify payment
This step is the most crucial while creating a Shopify store. Once your products are listed, and your e-commerce site is good to go, you need to set up how customers will pay you, how you will receive payments, and more. Shopify has its own payment gateway; however, you may also use third-party payment solutions.
When selecting a payment gateway, make sure you know exactly what fees you will be charged per transaction along with knowledge about the various kinds of accepted payment modes, cards accepted, and more. You can start by scrutinizing your user base and demographic carefully and then conduct a survey if required to know what modes of payment your customers are most likely to use. You can then pick a solution accordingly.
Step 9: Know everything about shopify taxes and shipping costs
This is the step where it gets even more serious. Ensure all your details have been properly filled out for taxation purposes because you will need to mention these details within your products. Always keep records of your investments, purchases, and other relevant information, and make multiple copies of your data.
Also, your customers will need to know whether additional taxes are included in their costing. To ensure transparency, you can mention shopify taxes and international shipping charges for each product under the products section, and also specify clearly if they are included in the cost of the product or incur an additional charge.
Step 10: Test your order system
Shopify has something called a “Bogus Gateway”- which is where you can test if your order system is up and working correctly. To put it more simply, to test that your payments and ordering systems are underway and ensure they are working properly, place an order with real payment information just like you would on any other e-commerce websites. Go on to buy an item; however, the trick here is to simply cancel the order well in time to ensure your own money is refunded. The next step involves a quick check from the back end of your payment gateway, to test if your order system is working fine.
Step 11: Customize your domain
A unique domain name is one of the most important bits of e-commerce. You can either purchase a domain name through Shopify or through an external hosting website. While Shopify domains only cost between 2-4 US dollars more, with an external domain you may have to redirect the DNS on your own. In case you still decide to go ahead with an external domain, make sure to update the information on your Shopify store. This can be done by going back to your Settings and finding the Domain tab. Once you’re there, click on “Add Domain” to add it. Following this, you will also need to change the existing DNS records.
Step 12: Remove password protection
When you create a Shopify store, it by default is password-protected, so while you are setting it up, it is inaccessible to anyone else but yourself. Make sure that after you are done completely setting it up, you have to disable the password protection, or your site will remain inaccessible to customers.
Step 13: Run periodical checks
Make sure to run periodic administrative work on the back-end, particularly if you are changing domains, upgrading plans, and more.
What can you sell on Shopify?
As a maiden entrepreneur, starting off an online store for the first time can be quite exciting. However, to succeed in the area of ecommerce not only requires perseverance but also an up-to-date skillset. You already know about the benefits of using Shopify as a platform, you know the best plan to opt for. What next? To list your business among the most successful Shopify stores, you must find the right and trending products to sell on Shopify, which can often be a real challenge!
As a first-timer, however, there are a couple of things you need to know before you decide what to sell on Shopify.
Product restrictions on Shopify
Certain products and services are not allowed to be sold on an online Shopify store. Before you decide what you want to include in your online store, here is a list of products, and businesses that are prohibited on Shopify.
- Age-restricted products which include alcohol, adult content, tobacco and weapons
- Human hair, hair-extensions or fake hair
- Illegal content
- Sale of social media activity
- Any material that classifies as pornography
- The business that involves fortune tellers
- Pharmacies, pseudo pharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals or any substance that imitates illegal drugs
- Sexually oriented massage parlors, running sex clubs/shows, strip shows, topless bars
- Wire transfers, currency exchange, virtual currencies
- Escorts, mail-order brides, prostitutes, dating services, and more
- Multi-level marketing, ‘get rich instantly’ scams, practices to con people
- Prepaid phone cards, telemarketing, or other telecommunications services
Services you can sell on Shopify
In today’s age and time, convenience is the biggest factor in both sell and buy things. With technology, right at our fingertips, the marketplace has made its way online and is here to stay. If you are wondering what you can sell on Shopify, the answer is, literally anything and everything can be sold online, from baby care products, expensive car parts to lifestyle accessories and more. Anything that can be delivered physically to your customers qualifies for a product or service to be sold on Shopify. As a seller, all you have to do is make sure it’s all legal and legit.
If you plan to start selling your products here, then you need to do your research about which are the best-selling products in the current day scenario and also identifying a specific niche market or an avenue that is untapped would make your start faster. The best thing about how to sell with Shopify is that you are not just limited to selling products; you can also venture into selling services and digital products that include selling services like conferences or workshop venues. Shopify also has apps that allow you to create a digital product and also attach a digital file associated with it.
Trending products to sell on shopify
Here are some of the topmost trending and profitable trending products on Shopify that can give you some inspiration and insight.
1. Travel Accessories
People around the world indulge in traveling at least once a year. There are a large number of people who travel to other cities and destinations for business or leisure. Travel bags, inflatable neck pillows, travel wallets, portable chairs, travel kits and more are some of the products that fly off the racks almost instantly.
2. Smart Electronics
Electronic goods and items have become an everyday requirement today. According to an estimate by the HIS, the sale of smart electronic shipments is roughly expected to hit around 223 million, by the year 2020. Finding newer and better smart electronics to resell online will surely make good profits.
3. Bikini and Lingerie items
Bikini and lingerie items are essentials for women across the world, however, buying them at offline stores is not very convenient for various demographic segments. Targeting the right kind of customers will surely be a great way to scale your sales and up your bikini sales.
4. Mobiles and Mobile Accessories
In today’s age of technology, mobile phones rule our lives and are a significant part of today’s tech-savvy youth. With many brands launching a new phone or a product every now and then, it is hard to run a small business because they will go to a showroom or a mall to purchase it. On the contrary, mobiles and mobile phone accessories will fetch your profits easily. It’s simple, set up a mobile accessory drop-ship store, stock accessories that the potential customers would buy in one place and you are good to go.
5. Fitness Wear and Accessories
People these days are more fitness conscious than they have ever been and the market for fitness products, sportswear and accessories are on an all-time high. According to sources, this market is future-proof and the sales have only increased in the last couple of years.
6. Health Care Supplies
Personal and health care products are quite in-demand and it goes without saying that this segment is profitable like never before. Products such as essential oils, protein and vitamin supplements, electric toothbrush, and more are always a good idea.
7. Home Décor Items
With the current trend of having plush homes and swanky office spaces, people want to keep their living spaces upmarket and trendy, which opens up avenues for sales in baby furniture, smart home supplies, kitchenware, outdoor furniture and more. Also, other trending niches like baby care supplies, beauty makeup, and beauty accessories are doing the rounds in the market.
8. Designer Clothing
The Fashion segment is one of the most popular eCommerce categories among online shoppers. It is projected that the global revenue in the Fashion category will reach $664,474m by the end of 2020. More precisely, the largest segment of the Fashion category is Apparel.
Therefore, if you are planning to open an online store, you certainly wouldn’t go wrong with selling branded and designer clothing. To achieve success in this industry, you will need a reputable and reliable supplier of clothing to provide you with premium products. One example is BrandsGateway, a wholesale clothing supplier of the most famous brands and designers worldwide. BrandsGateway offers a very convenient dropshipping and wholesale program for selling women’s and men’s clothing from brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Versace, Michael Kors, and more.
Can you sell digital products on Shopify?
With the whole world moving towards selling digital products, why would you want to risk being stuck with physical products? The question is can you sell your digital products on Shopify?
The beauty of selling digital products is that you do not have to worry about running out of stock. Shopify can customize and personalize to provide your customers with the best experience, and with the right guidelines, you will soon enough run a hassle-free business of your own.
How to set up a Shopify store that is digital? This can include a wide range of items – music collection, online courses, eBooks, and more.
Sell digital tools, templates, and software
Target professionals who want to learn more apart from their skill set by offering a range of digital options that help them ease their work. For example, photography filters for photographers, resume templates for job seekers, UX Kits for web designers, and more.
Sell your services via digital products
How many of us have paid to buy ‘Product A’ only because there is a ‘Product B’ that comes free with it? Customers like receiving a digital product as a part of their purchase. For example, you can lure your customers to buy your recipe book by giving away a ‘Guide to start baking from scratch.
Sell educational products
Alternatively, you can go for educational products like eBooks or courses. If you want to gain potential clients to buy your product, tell them more about what they will gain after they purchase the product. For example, let your customers know what they’re likely to be called a great host and a party Chef when they buy your ‘Holiday baking’ cookbook.
What are the best themes for your Shopify store?
Since the integration of Shopify and Oberlo, the business of drop shipping has become easier. As a seller, you can start your own online store without having to handle any shipping or inventory. However, when it comes to personalization, Shopify offers limited theme collections meant to customize your online design store, thus making your store appear similar to another in the same platform. It is advisable for any store owner to purchase other themes from a third-party marketplace to reflect a different phase for a better distinction.
If your business requires an incredible website, worry not since there are so many free Shopify themes online that you can choose from, for a perfect design. It does not matter whether you are selling a single product; you have a large inventory or just starting up; you can choose from any of the themes discussed below that suit your specific needs.
10 best free Shopify themes
As a beginner, you can go for themes that are super user-friendly and come free of cost. Be sure to pick on a theme that best blends with its features- here are 10 free Shopify themes to get you started.
One of the best features of Brooklyn is that you can exhibit various products towards the top of your homepage. Also, your most popular merchandise can be displayed in a dynamic product grid that resembles a gallery.
The Narrative is just about perfect for your Shopify store if you are planning on a small catalog, the perfect outlet for selling a product or two. You can customize this to suit your likes, choose from multiple colors and various available styles or even add a personal touch to images and block quotes.
If apparel is what you’re looking to sell, the best theme you can choose for your Shopify store is Anabelle. With the homepage variations, you can show off your products, choose between overflow and full-width sliders, homepage featured banners, magnifying effects and more.
With the Minimal theme, your customers can select if they would like to see specific categories only. You can customize a slideshow with this theme, choose from multiple styles including vintage and fashion, and also apply product filtering of your choice. Image source
With this theme, you can select from monochrome and vibrant styles, multiple color palettes, customizable content sections, social media icons and more on the homepage. Boundless is extremely mobile-friendly with an additional drop-down navigational support. Also, the home age is external media friendly, allowing you to add videos and full-width images.
Resembling what the name suggests, Simple offers minimal design templates with adequate white space. This theme allows you to display a large collection of products and comes with an accordion menu that is featured on the sidebar. This way, not only are you able to display your products in a less cluttered exhibit but also let your customers view all of them easily when they use the zoom feature.
While most free Shopify themes cater to apparel and lifestyle products, Venture is your ideal choice if you’re looking to sell services in adventure sports and outdoor activities. The header lets you talk about your company, with the large image format and overlaying text. The theme is further organized into image galleries and links that help classify your product categories seamlessly.
Minimalistic with a nearly-retro configuration, the Debut theme for Shopify includes social media buttons, video support on the homepage, and large image configuration on the header, customer testimonial spaces, and a single featured product image. The product page is single featured and displays only one product, image and information.
Made to suit larger catalog sizes, the Supply theme takes a customer directly into the selling process with its large collection. You can share promotions using the slideshow feature, use various color palettes, and add social media icons. The best feature of this theme is its collection filtering options that let customers filter brand, price and more.
Star offers you extremely premium-like features that are extremely versatile as well. You can add color swatches, parallax effects, Google maps, product reviews and more to this theme while also adding social media buttons if you want.
10 best paid Shopify themes
If you are willing to shell out a few extra bucks, walk that additional mile and get paid themes for your Shopify store. Here is a list of the 10 best-paid themes you can choose for your business.
1. Boom Theme
If you need much flexibility in customizing your theme, go with powerful themes like Boom. Boom theme is a top-rated theme packed with over 70+ one-click demos to suit every type of website.
Does your Shopify online stores require a dark user interface that is quite unique? Consider settling for Gravity- the most advanced dark gravity Shopify theme. Customized and packaged with a number of different theme sections meant to fit your needs, Gravity is responsive and easy to use.
Do you need a sharp flawless design that puts your product right at the front and center? The Flow design is the way to go, owing to its modern interface that tends to appeal to a specific shopper. It is ideal for someone selling high-end items. The home pages are stunningly created for both mobile and desktops.
This is one of the best Shopify themes that come with various eye catchy homepage layouts, featuring designs made of sectioned, block or Instagram like designs. It’s generally a minimal content design theme that also features product variants. Moreover, the design is fully optimized for mobiles, including nifty tools such as degree product views as well as pinning products.
If you need a minimalist Shopify theme to showcase your products uniquely, such as furniture, accessories, and luxury products go for this incredible theme. It’s also customizable to suit sticky headers as well as lazy loading. Its ability to showcase the total products sold, remaining stock or even notify when new stock arrives make it an outstanding theme.
Porto is an ideal Shopify store theme when it comes to e-commerce design best proven by over 50,000 clients and above. Its speed performance is incredible; additionally, it has UX & UI features meant to boost your store sales totally.
One thing that makes pipeline theme one of a kind is that it has a unique scrolling feature. As you scroll down the page the parallax effect feature available in this theme, allows you to create a deep animated effect which makes the experience amazing.
This particular theme is ideal for e-commerce Shopify stores that seek to leave a memorable impression. The theme is an iconic design that splits the screen and has other popular effects such as parallax, full-width layout designs, hover activated animations and images.
Are you looking for a theme that will offer your products enough breathing space? Kodo is the way to go! It offers layout builders, pre-built designs, and it is also fully customizable.
If you have multiple products that you need to stock in your store, The Goodwin theme will work perfectly well for you. It comes with over fifty pages as well as more than fourteen ready-made page layouts.
What are the best apps for your Shopify store?
Shopify provides you with a range of apps to help boost the interface and productivity of your online store. Whether you want customer reviews on your store, or get in-depth analytics, these apps are here to make your store more customer-friendly.
With thousands of apps available, it can get overwhelming when it comes to choosing the right ones and knowing what provides effective solutions to get the best usage out of Shopify. Here are some of the best apps for your Shopify store.
Top 10 Apps According to Category
Here’s an extensive collection of trending products on Shopify and the highest-rated apps by businesses and experts, segregated according to category.
Top 10 Finding Products Apps
With good finding product apps, you can identify top Shopify drop shipping stores, which allow you to directly send the product via your supplier without having to create an extensive inventory for yourself. Here are the top ten finding products app on Shopify:
- Oberlo: Offers thousands of detailed products from third-party sources which will be shipped directly to the customer.
- Printful: Lets you sell a range of customized print and embroidery apparel which are entirely customizable with your own designs.
- Spreadr App: Helps you import products from Amazon who will manage the inventory, delivery to the customer, returns, and customer service.
- Dripshipper: Lets you have your brand on the product packaging.
- Spocket: Finds products that drop shipped by suppliers in the EU and the US, offering wholesale prices for greater profit margins for your store.
- Creative Hub: Connects you to a London based supplier to sell premium contemporary art.
- Lulu Xpress: Lets you sell customized books and calendars.
- Shapeways: Offers a 3D printing and fulfillment center to create and sell your own physical models.
- Blingy: Connects you to one of the largest jewelry dropshippers; however, products are sold under your store’s brand.
- Etsify: Integrates your store with the Etsy inventory where you can select the products you are interested in.
Top 10 Places-to-Sell Apps
These apps allow you to share your products across several different platforms and forums which increase the visibility for your store. Here are the top Shopify stores to swear by this list.
- Showcase – Shop Instagram: Converts your Instagram into shoppable galleries with the option of shopping directly from the posts.
- Sesami – Appointment Booking: Allows your customers to make and pay for appointments directly from your webpage.
- Walmart Integration: Lists your products and updates them regularly on Walmart marketplace.
- Sellbrite: Lists your Shopify products on popular marketplaces, such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Walmart.
- Shopcodes: Enables customers to buy products on their smartphones by giving them easy-to-scan QR codes.
- Store Ya: Creates a Facebook store in all currencies and languages.
- Google Shopping & Google Ads: Lists and manages your store products on Google Shopping and fetch Google Shopping orders to fulfill them seamlessly.
- Buy Button Channel: Creates a Buy Button for any product or collection and adds it to any website or blog.
- Connectr for Amazon Sellers: Imports products from your Amazon Seller Account to Shopify.
- Wish Marketplace Integration: Lists Products on Wish.com in only a single click.
Top 10 Store Design Apps
There is nothing more frustrating than an online store that is cluttered or cumbersome to navigate. These top design store apps on Shopify are worth taking a look at.
- Loox ‑ Photo Reviews: Sends automatic review request emails asking customers for product reviews, and offers discounts for submitting reviews with photos.
- Free Shipping Bar: Promotes your free shipping offers with progressive messages and a cart goal.
- SEO Booster: Checks and analyzes SEO factors to make sure your website is friendly with search engines like Google or Bing.
- ReConvert Post Purchase Upsell: Optimizes your thank you page and add upsells to re-engage customers.
- Quick Announcement Bar: Presents your promotions with a fully customized bar on your online store.
- Instafeed ‑ Instagram Feed: Shows your Instagram content on your store to create social proof.
- Shogun Landing Page Builder: Designs home pages, contact us forms / contact us pages, coming soon page, about us page, donation & FAQ page.
- Videofy: Automatically adds videos to your store.
- Kiwi Size Chart & Recommender: Efficiently creates a large number of size charts with unit conversions.
- Reviews, Loyalty, Wishlist: Helps you launch your own loyalty program with points, referral & VIP tiers.
Top 10 Marketing Apps
Shopify puts you in touch with a range of marketing apps that are built to provide solutions for customer retention, email marketing, content marketing, SEO, providing marketing analysis, maintaining affiliate programs, and more. Most successful Shopify stores use these apps to put their name out there.
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications: Acts as an automated cart abandonment protector via push notifications to increase sales.
- Omnisend Email Marketing: Automates your purchase funnel with personalized emails and SMS messages to increase customer footfalls and sales.
- Sales Notification: Automatically displays recent sales and cart pop-ups to boost your sales on your online store as social proof.
- Ads by Varinode: Shares traffic with other stores, and reaches new customers interested in your products/services.
- PageFly Advanced Page Builder: Offers more than 50 high-converting templates for all page types and market niches.
- Bulk Image Edit ‑ Image SEO: Improves SEO by optimizing image sizes, alt-text and file names. Adds watermark to your product and theme images in volume.
- Post Studio ‑ Auto Posting: Schedules and sends as many posts as you choose to post products to your Facebook & Twitter pages automatically.
- Conversific ‑ Store Analytics: Sees all important metrics in one place and imports data from Google Analytics.
- Lotus: Tweets and posts new products to increase your Facebook and Twitter presence.
- Referral Candy: Tracks the performance of your referral program.
Top 10 Sales & Conversion Apps
With these apps, you can increase the chances of a sale at your store. You can choose from the apps listed below to help build trust with the customer and make the sale easier.
- Sales Pop Master: Automatically displays recent sales notifications to boost customer’s order decision as social proof sales pop-ups.
- Ultimate Sales Boost: Creates a countdown timer and a low stock countdown to promote FOMO.
- Judge.me Product Reviews: Allows buyers to review directly inside their email.
- Ultimate Trust Badges: Displays trust badges to ease your customers’ fears and motivate them to purchase your product.
- WhatsApp Chat + Abandoned Cart: Provides quick customer support service via WhatsApp Live Chat button.
- Frequently Bought Together: Displays bundles comprising of related products usually bought together, displayed in a product page.
- Sticky Add to Cart BOOSTER PRO: Makes it easy for customers to make a purchase with Sticky Add to Cart and Checkout buttons.
- Fera Social Proof: Uses social proof to convert your existing traffic by displaying testimonials, reviews, recent viewers and customer purchases.
- Fast Checkout in One Click: Uses animation on the button draws buyers’ attention and helps them make a decision to check out faster.
- Countdown Timer Ultimate: Creates urgency and encourages shoppers to buy your products.
Top 10 Orders & Shipping Apps
With these apps on Shopify, you can track and fulfill orders, get your products out the door efficiently, and protect your business from any and all risky transactions.
- ReConvert Post Purchase Upsell: Designs a thank you page for post-checkout upsell & cross-sell.
- Tracktor Order Tracking: Adds real-time package tracking and order status to your store.
- Order Printer Pro: Prints and delivers PDF invoices, quotes, packing slips and more.
- Excelify: Bulk updates specific fields while keeping existing data intact.
- Subscriptions by ReCharge: Launches and scales your subscription and recurring business.
- AfterShip Returns Center: Builds trust with seamless and happy returns experiences.
- Rise Gift Card Loyalty Program: Enables customers to send branded Gift Cards & Store Credit directly to recipients, and use it for Loyalty Programs, schedule Gift Cards.
- EzySlips ‑ Shipping Automation: Generates custom shipping labels in bulk.
- Advanced Shipping Rules: Sets unique rates for different groups of products. Add carrier rates, rule-based rates, and free shipping.
- Customer Account Page: Adds value to the customer through loyalty program with credits, referral.
Top 10 Inventory management Apps
Inventory management can be one of the hardest things to do for a small business that is just starting off. These apps help you keep track of and maintain a working inventory easily. You can also opt for an extensive Shopify tutorial to understand how these apps work.
- Bulk Product Edit & CSV import: Bulk edits anything about products/variants in a few clicks, including price, tags, inventory, title, description, vendor, SKU, Channels, etc.
- Omni Importer: Imports products from Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Wish and Walmart to Shopify stores in bulk.
- Stocky: Helps with inventory management, purchase orders, stock takes, and more.
- Syncee: Uploads products to your store from an outer CSV, XML, XLS(X), JSON or TXT file.
- Bulk Product Editor & Sync: Edits your products with bulk edits & spreadsheets.
- QuickBooks Desktop Sync: Saves time on data entry, improve productivity, and keeps accurate financials by connecting Shopify to QuickBooks.
- Bundle Products: Improves sales with product bundles.
- Excelify: Imports and exports readable Excel files.
- Etsy Marketplace Integration: Enables integration of Etsy with Shopify.
- Blingy: Jewelry Dropshipping: Lets you have your logo on jewelry dropship products.
Top 10 Customer Support Apps
You can choose from these apps to maintain a stellar customer support system which will help your brand in the long run and reduce costs for you.
- AfterShip ‑ Track & Notify: Boosts sales with branded tracking page and delivery updates.
- HelpCenter: Builds an Attractive FAQs Page to match your store design.
- Tidio Live Chat: Offers live chat boosted with Chatbots and Marketing Automation.
- Form Builder: Helps you get more newsletter subscribers, grow your wholesale network, and build return/registration forms for your store.
- AfterShip Returns Center: Builds trust with seamless and happy returns experiences.
- Route ‑ Shipping Insurance: Protects your store and your customers while covering losses, keeping more revenue in your pocket.
- Loyalty, rewards and referrals: Offers a customized loyalty program with points, referrals and rewards.
- Gobot ‑ Sales Boosting Chatbot: Offers free chatbot that boosts sales, recommends products, and more.
- Survey + Poll: Offers easy surveys and polls for reviews and feedback.
- Callback Request: Turns website visitors into qualified sales calls and great leads.
Top 10 Trust & Security Apps
These apps are used to create more trust with your customers. A store that has been certified as trustworthy sees increased footfalls and generates more sales. Here are the top ten trust and security apps for Shopify for you to choose from.
- TrustedSite: Protects customers against identity theft as well.
- Free GDPR + Cookie Management: Generates a GDPR Policy and reference it in the fully customizable cookie bar that the app also generates.
- Age Verification Master: Fully customizes a pop-up to inform your visitor about content exposure age limits on your store.
- Photolock: Protects the images on your website by choosing from 20 locks that includes protection against right-click, drag and drop, print screen and more.
- B2B Verify Customers: Allows only verified customers to make purchases, see the products and its prices on your online store.
- Automatic Backups: Backups up your store and saves your products, product images, collections, blogs posts, shop pages, and theme files when they change.
- Aegis: Prevents your competitors from copying your images and texts and seeing your best-selling products.
- Locksmith: Protects your shop and controls which customer sees what content or products.
- Advanced Registration: Asks customers for additional registry information like EIN/Tax/VAT number, license information, email opt-in, phone, image, birthday, etc.
- Fraud Scanner: Automatically sorts through your orders and tags any fraudulent ones.
Top 10 Finances Apps
Finance apps are particularly useful for small stores that do not have the manpower or time to dedicate to accounting. These apps do most of the important work for you while you only have to review the reports in a timely manner.
- Data Export – Reports: Generates reports on Order, Product, Inventory, Customer, Sales, Commission, Accounting, Refund, Tax, Transaction, Payment, Metafields, Payout and more.
- Invoice Printer Pro: Designs your invoice to match your brand.
- QuickBooks Online: Shares data automatically by using OneSaas, which supports workflows that begin with a transaction.
- Freshbooks: Offers a popular invoicing solution with built-in expense management and time-tracking features.
- Xero: Uses accounting tools that include bookkeeping and paperless expense management.
- SimplyCost: Generates real-time profit-based reports based on the cost of goods sold.
- Staffy: Tracks your employees’ productivity and calculate their salary using a built-in clock and one-click integrated payroll system such as PayPal.
- Exemptify: Validates EU VAT IDs in real-time and automatically deducts VAT for customers with valid IDs.
- Crowdfunder: Runs crowdfunding on your own website and forego the fee of other crowdfunding sites.
- Avalara TrustFile: Prepares and files your sales tax returns by syncing your sales data.
Top 10 Productivity Apps
You can use these apps to cut out the processes that can be automated and free yourself up to focus on your store.
- Post Studio: Sets up your social media auto-poster.
- Excelify: Imports and exports in readable Excel files.
- Bulk Product Edit & CSV import: Bulk edits product information easily.
- Thank You Email by Autoketing: Automated thank-you emails to your customers to boost sales.
- Stock Sync ‑ Inventory Update: Helps you update your inventory
- Mass Fulfill: Fulfills your orders or lines items automatically from a file.
- Product description writing: Provides professional, handwritten, unique descriptions for your store.
- Smart Tags: Automatically tags products, orders & customers, the smart way.
- Daily Deals: BFCM Flash Sales: Schedules sales, daily deals, flash sales, & product discounts.
- Multi‑Label Barcodes: Prints barcode and address labels on any printer and size.
Top 10 Reporting Apps
These apps give you concise reports on how your business is doing in terms of hard data. Based on these reports, you can take the right action to be more efficient and plug any gaps in your business.
- Better Replay: Lets you see how visitors navigate your store with session recording.
- Data Export ‑ Reports: Creates custom reports from any store data.
- Conversific ‑ Store Analytics: Provides analytics and reports to make sense of your data.
- QuickBooks Desktop Sync: Automates bookkeeping, inventory and sync everything.
- Change Commerce ‑ Donation App: Increases conversion rate by donating seamlessly to the nonprofits your customers support with each purchase.
- Newsletters by Promo.ai: Turns your latest content into stunning monthly newsletters.
- OrderMetrics: Adds all your metrics as part of a consolidated dashboard.
- Stocky: Forecasts what you might need in your inventory.
- Justuno Pop Ups & CRO Tools: Increases lead capture and conversion rates with email pop-ups, exit offers, countdown timers, spin-to-wins, AI-powered promos, and more.
- QuickBooks Bridge: Integrates your data with QuickBooks Online account with ease.
Top 10 Free Apps for your shopify store
Listed are the top 10 free apps you can get for your Shopify store.
- Order Printer
- Product Reviews
- Free Shipping Bar
- SEO Site Audit, Benchmark Hero
- Improved Contact Form
- Digital Downloads
Top 10 Paid Apps for your shopify store
In case you’re willing to shell out a few extra bucks, you can go for the apps listed below.
- EditOrder by Cleverific
- Audience Push
- Exit Offers
- McAfee SECURE
- Plug In SEO
Shopify Plus is Shopify’s answer for enterprise-level eCommerce businesses. While Shopify’s plans are made for small to medium-sized businesses, Shopify Plus handles high-growth, high-volume online stores and brands. Promising a platform that’s flexible, fast to launch, and scalable, Shopify Plus can give larger brands the foundation they need to grow bigger and faster. our friends at webinopoly has a great guide on Shopify plus pros & cons here.
In this article, we discussed how to create a shopify store? and what you can sell on shopify?, Product restrictions on shopify, trending products on shopify. Also, we discussed what are the best themes for your shopify store, the best apps for your shopify store?. To help you with your shopify success we listed some additional resources below to check out.